Joe is the owner and principal broker of Pipeline Real Estate Investments which he founded in 2007. Pipeline’s goal is to provide clients a more flexible and less cumbersome transaction experience than what is often found at larger commercial real estate companies. At the heart of Pipeline’s mission is a passion for independence, the ability to adapt quickly to emerging market trends, and a sincere focus on client needs.
During his career as a multifamily specialist, Joe has closed nearly 2,000 apartment units valued at over $125 million, located in Salt Lake, Utah, Davis, Weber, and Cache Counties. In addition to selling many market rate properties, Joe has also provided his investors the market knowledge and transaction experience to close a number of non-traditional apartment properties such as student housing at BYU and Utah State, condo-conversions, and affordable housing.
What sets Joe apart from other apartment brokers is that he has also overseen the management of hundreds of apartment units, as well as purchased and renovated his own properties. With this experience, Joe is better prepared to advise his clients regarding important management, renovation, and lease-up decisions.
Joe received a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Utah and an MBA from the University of Arizona. He has also completed CCIM courses in financial and market analysis.
A partial list of Joe’s multifamily closings include:
- Arnecia Gardens and Birch Estates: 65 units, Salt Lake City, market rate.
- Driftwood Park Apartments: 90 units, Salt Lake City, market rate.
- Peachtree Apartments: 36 units, Bountiful, market rate.
- Fox Point in Old Farm: 392 units, Salt Lake City, market rate.
- Jordanaire Apartments: 53 units, West Jordan, market rate.
- Indigo Apartments: 24 units, Salt Lake City, market rate.
- Cambridge Crossing: 64 units, South Weber, market rate.
- Versailles Apartments: 65 units, Ogden, market rate.
- Brookview Apartments: 112 beds, Provo, student housing.
- Forest Gate Apartments: 208 beds, Logan, student housing.
- Wasatch Apartments: 59 units, Salt Lake City, market rate.
- Casa Linda: 28 units, Provo, market rate.
- Brigham Apartments: 42 units, Provo, market/affordable.
- Sharon Kay Apartments: 42 units, Salt Lake City, market rate.
- Richards Apartments: 24 units, Salt Lake City, condo conversion.
- Crown Apartments: 72 beds, Provo, student housing.
- Cottonwood Apartments: 264 units, Salt Lake City, market rate.
Originally from the Chicago area, Michael has been a licensed real estate agent in Utah since 2004. He started as a leasing consultant for a property rental service company, later becoming a managing partner, and his tasks included showing apartments and negotiating leases for rental units all over Salt Lake County. With critical leasing and negotiating experience he became a successful residential agent for Coldwell Banker and Equity Real Estate. During that time he completed numerous types of transactions including; multi-family properties, short sales, REO’s, lease-options, and new construction. He has closed transactions in Weber, Davis, Salt Lake, Utah, and Tooele Counties.
In addition to a being a successful real estate agent Michael has profitably purchased and remodeled numerous condos and homes for resale and rental purposes. He has served on a 132 unit HOA Board of Directors for the last five years as Secretary, Vice President, and currently as President.
Michael graduated from the University of Utah with a BS in Parks, Recreation, and Tourism.